FINALLY. A photo shoot dedicated to vintage costume jewellery!
If you’re anything like us, you just might understand.
1. Perhaps you’re the sort of woman who changes her jewellery every day.
2. Perhaps you’re the sort who decides – in reverse – what jewellery to wear, before picking out an outfit.
3. You ponder over whether you should adorn the neck, ears or wrists.
4. You mull over wearing earrings and a necklace together is too much.
5. You contemplate how many huge rings you can possibly stack on your fingers without them getting in the way of eating and typing.
6. Perhaps you don’t hide your jewellery in a velvet box. Instead, you display it for all – more likely, just you – to see.
7. You marvel at the construction of old jewellery and mutter under your breath, “They just don’t make them like this anymore.”
It’s borderline obsession. And we hope we don’t sound airy in our heads.
“The Art of Adornment” is devoted to chunky vintage jewellery: the bigger, the bolder, the better.
For the shoot, we photographed a lovely girl by the name of Michelle Yow. The scene was set at House and Beauty Emporium – two spaces beautifully awash with natural light in the Dempsey area.
Blessed with big doe eyes, sun-kissed skin and an infectious smile, Michelle was a breeze to shoot. We draped her with baubles from the ‘50s to the ‘80s, each piece a statement on its own – neither shy or reticent, nor meant for shrinking violets. Easily taken from day to night, dressed up or down, these fun, easy trinkets add spunk to any simple outfit.
Many heartfelt thanks to Spa Esprit for the use of their premises; Larry Yeo, makeup extraordinaire and hairstylist Alvin Foh of Ritz Hair Salon for their time and talent; and our photographer friend Vernon Leow for these lovely images!
For enquiries on these vintage gems, call our hotline at 6336 9774!
Model: Michelle Yow
Make-up: Larry Yeo, using Majorlica Majorca cosmetics, http://www.larryyeo.com/
Hair: Alvin Foh of Ritz Hair Salon using Loretta products
Stylist: Kyra Ching
Text: Loh Hsiao Ying
Photographer: Vernon Leow http://
Location: House and Beauty Emporium http://